Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 60+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars World
At Seedstars World, we run the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets to source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. It is now the largest startup network in emerging markets reuniting over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, media/press and government agencies.
About the job
It’s very important to us that the candidates share our conviction of bootstrapping and love of the web/tech world, you should have an intuitive feel for what works and what doesn’t online! Keep it simple and keep it lean is our mission so we are not flexible when it comes to cultural fit.
Here is what you will need to do:
Associate are responsible for the production of local events (on average 15 city events) from conception through to completion. They will be under the supervision of the Senior Associate who will also support them in their day-to-day ;
On a day-to-day, your responsibilities will run from organising (logistics, sourcing of startups, relationship with local partners, selection of jury & mentors, etc) to managing the local pitching events in the region ;
Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every local event ;
Managing supplier relationships and administrative functions to ensure local events are delivered efficiently.
- Previous relevant experience with the job is a MUST
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question "please describe who you are in a tweet" start your answer with the word "kiskil")
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 60 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Bootstrap salary (open compensation model available based on experience, location, seniority, etc...) and bonus based on performance. It's all up to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DON'T BELIEVE US, BELIEVE THEM
"My learning curve has been extremely steep. I'm continuously exposed to new perspectives and cultures: it broadens your mind hugely! If you like challenges, learning, discovery, entrepreneurship, creativity, people and you're not afraid of putting your comfort aside, jump on!" - Seedstars team member Africa
"After my very first event in Sofia, I've realised that I am in the right place at the right time. I have in front of me all the opportunities to develop myself as a professional and as a person. I can't imagine my life without traveling, the Seedstars team & meeting with unbelievable people everyday." - Seedstars team member MENA